What is VooPoo Drag 2 Platinum?
The dual-18650 Drag 2 mod and the Uforce T2 sub-ohm tank are included in the VooPoo Drag 2 Platinum kit. The first VooPoo. It did, however, have some flaws, such as the fact that even 24 mm atomizers protruded slightly, the battery door had some play, and the paint on the black version was scratch and wear-resistant.
Features of the mod:
The Drag 2 is a dual-18650 mod capable of 177 watts of output. It's only available in black, but there are a variety of resin colors to choose from. The mod is about 50 grams lighter than the original Drag, weighing 157 grams.
The paint job is also much better; my original Drag had scratches all over it, but this appears to be fixed now. Although the magnets on the battery door are extremely strong, some play can be found there, as with the first Drag. Although there is no rattle or anything, the door can be moved with your hand.
- Monitoring of two batteries
- Mode of puff duration
- M (Custom mode), SN (serial number), and VER are the submenus in the power mode (firmware version)
- TC submenu: M (Custom mode), -set (resistance settings), F (sets TCR)
The menu system takes some getting used to, but it's not difficult. The mod adjusts in 1-watt increments, but it does not accelerate or round-robin. It is, however, quite fast.
The GENE chip is well-known for its power mode performance and accuracy, and the Drag 2 is no exception. Temperature control, on the other hand, is mediocre at best.
As with the original Drag, I found it to have excellent dry hit protection and generally accurate temperatures, but a proprietary TCR numbering system and, more importantly, an 80-watt limit in TC are major drawbacks.
If you intend to use the Drag 2 for temperature control vaping with exotic coils, you will most likely be disappointed. It's fine for MTL coils, though, because you won't need the extra wattage and the default TCR is fine for stainless steel.
Features of the tank
It is approximately 25 mm in diameter at its base, with the bubble glass adding 3 mm. When I compared it to the T1, I only noticed a few minor differences. The three airflow slots are slightly larger, and the knurling has been replaced with some carved geometrical shapes that, in my opinion, look much better.
Furthermore, the 5 mL bubble glass appears to be a nice fit, which cannot be said for all sub-ohm tanks on the market. With the straight glass on, the tank's capacity drops to 3.5 mL, but it's also compatible with the rest of the Uforce glass tanks, which range from 2 to 8 mL.
- Dual-parallel U2 40-80 watts / best: 55-65 watts 0.4-ohm coil (included)
- N3 0.2-ohm triple-mesh coil rated for 65-100 watts / best: 75-85 watts (included)
- U2/U4/U6/U8/N1/N2/N3/R2/D4 coils are all compatible.
There is also a rebuildable coil (R1), but I believe VooPoo discontinued production because it was out of stock everywhere I looked.
The Uforce T2's airflow is much more restricted than the three airflow slots would lead you to believe. When fully opened, it compares to the Freemax Mesh Pro, which has an airflow that is less than half open. That is the ideal amount of airflow for me, but you should look elsewhere if you prefer a super airy direct lung draw.
Build and design
With a weight of approximately 217 grams without batteries, it is lighter than the VOOPOO Alpha Zip with MAAT, despite its larger size. Standing 142.5 mm tall with the tank in place, 26.5 mm deep, and 51 mm wide in this case.
The Drag 2 Platinum's quality is excellent, and the platinum shell appears to be non-fading and scratch-proof. The Drag 2 has a slightly curved body, unlike the original Drag, which softens the edges and makes the mod very comfortable to hold.
Furthermore, the Drag 2 Platinum feels luxurious in hand, thanks to the resin panel and platinum finish. Furthermore, the Drag 2 Platinum weighs one-quarter the weight of the original Drag.
- To turn the device on and off, press the power button five times.
- Three clicks to switch modes (Power, FIT, TC — Custom mode is available in submenus)
- Pressing + and – takes you to the mode's submenu.
- When you're in TC mode, you can do the following: 4 clicks to change the wattage.
- When in Custom mode, do the following: 4 mouse clicks to change the wattage or temperature curves
- The device is activated and then locked (can still fire)
- The combination of fire and – alters the screen's orientation
Pros and cons
- It's easy to hold and not too big.
- It is light (45grams lighter to be exact)
- It looks fantastic with the mirror platinum finish.
- Various Resin color options
- Super-fast firing, with a time of 0.025 seconds.
- GENE IS STRONG.
- The FIT Chip is a fitness tracking device.
- They don't jiggle; they’re solid
- The battery door rattles/is loose and does not fit as snugly as I would like.
- Resin does not appear to be removable to change colors.
- The screen appears to be slightly misaligned; a portion of the W in power mode is cut off or can only be seen if viewed from an angle.
- (It could only be this one and not all of them.)
- Fingerprint magnet...as expected with a mirror finish.
- A protruding 510 of around 0.5mm causes a gap between the tank and the mod; a flush fit, in my opinion, would look better.
- It's not completely scratch-proof; I've picked up a few small scratches while using it over a few days.
Evod 4 in 1 Vape vs. VooPoo Drag 2 platinum
This vape pen is simple to use. To refill the cartridge, unscrew the base of the pen tank, fill it with e-liquid, and replace it.
The EVOD 4 in 1 pen has replaceable coils, allowing you to use the tank for a longer period. This feature makes it the most affordable vape pen for newcomers or chain smokers.
The vape pen has a 1100 mAh battery that will meet the vaping needs of smokers. The Evod pen is simple to charge.
FAQS about the VooPoo Drag 2 Platinum
How do you charge the device?
When the device is connected to a 5V power supply via USB cable, it enters a charging state with the battery icon running; when the device batteries are fully charged, the charging stops. Please keep in mind that it takes 3 hours to fully charge the device (5V/2A charger required).
Why did my drag 2 Mod turn off?
There could be a few reasons why your Drag 2 Mod would turn off, the most common of which is that there is a sleep mode that activates after the device has been inactive for 30 seconds or your batteries have depleted too low.
Alternative vape: UPENDSUPENDS Upcott
The Upcott is a great value pre-filled pod system and has utilized the best and innovative structure design. The pen is very cheap and you get an enjoyable experience by spending so little.
Compared to other vape pods, the Upcott is 50% cheaper and holds up to three times of regular vape pods.
The gap created by the raised 510 platforms is the Drag 2 mod's biggest flaw, followed by the play of the battery door. If you don't mind these drawbacks and don't intend to use TC mode at high wattages, you'll probably enjoy it.
It is reasonably priced, has an accurate chip, and corrects some of the issues that plagued its best-selling predecessor.
It's not as groundbreaking as the original Drag, but it does the job. The Uforce T2 tank surprised me with its triple-mesh coil, which exceeded my expectations. With the kit costing only $10 more than the mod alone, it's a no-brainer.