What's a Dab Vape Pen?
A dab pen is a device that sits somewhere between a dab rig and a vape pen.
There are so many different ways to consume cannabis joint, blunt, pipe, bong, vape, dab because the way you consume directly impacts the experience. Devices that rely on combustion offer different effects than a device that relies on vaporization, and it is not just about effects.
A dab pen is a portable vape system that addresses many of the shortcomings of cartridges, making it perfect for someone looking for portability and discreteness, as well as more control over their vaping experience.
The most basic version of the dab pen is an attachment that fits on top of a standard vape battery. It usually consists of a replaceable ceramic bowl and a coil that heats up when you activate the battery. Some pens offer variable voltage, allowing you to change the temperature at which you vape.
More advanced dab pens are a bit bulkier; however, they offer the user more control over the experience. In addition, they avoid using a coil, which is prone to breaking and can be inconsistent in heating the oil in the device.
Better models employ a ceramic oven, which will evenly heat oil to avoid scorching, which can ruin the terpenes. This produces consistent draws, tastier vapor and is more convenient to clean many coils that break when people try to clean them.
These high-quality dab pens also offer a wider range of temperatures, and you can use a wide range of oils in a dab pen: rosin, terp sauce, terp diamonds, shatter, wax, crumble.
- Affordable and Powerful Wax Pen
- Dual Quartz Concentrate Atomizer
- With Built-in Concentrate Container
- 1 x Evolve Plus 1100mAh Battery with silicone stash jar
- 1 x Mouthpiece (Comes with pre-installed Dual Quartz Coil & Cap)
- 1 x Extra Dual Quartz Plus Coil
- 1 x 510 Adapter Ring (For Wax)
- 1 x Metal Dab Tool
- 1 x Micro USB Charge Cable
- Ceramic Donut Coils
- Dual Quartz Coils
- Coil Caps
- Black Mouthpiece with Atomizer
- Travel Zipper Carrying Case
Design And Quality
The following specifications are added to the Dab Vape pen to fulfill ts design descriptions:
- For Wax Concentrate
- Dual Quartz Wax Atomizer
- 3 Sec Heat Up Time w/15-second auto shut off
- Upgraded Battery
- Built-In Silicone Concentrate Jar
- Larger Chamber
- Fast Micro-USB Charging
- Sleek and Discrete
The Yocan Evolve Plus dab pen is one of the most popular dab pens we feature here on Slick Vapes. The Evolve Plus wax pen steps its game up further from the evolve with its budget-friendly dual coil chamber.
Performance of the Dab Vape Pen
The Dab Vape Pens are a great pen for the price. Design is very efficient at delivering vapor while preventing any leaks or spillage. The pen itself is made using high-quality materials, focusing on functionality, as this pen lacks temp control settings and other small features that would have inevitably raised the price much higher.
Overall I am very happy with this pen, simple but effective. And record-breaking shipping on this site shipped out only hours after placing an order. This vape is the perfect size for a small purse or wristlet. One charge of the battery lasts quite a while.
How to Charge a Dab Vape Pen
You'll know your battery is fully charged when the indicator light turns green or begins blinking steadily. In certain models, the charging light will shut off when the battery reaches 100%. The flash from red to green/blue is a function of the smart charger testing the voltage level of your battery to see when to stop putting current to the battery.
Normally a fully drained or dead dab pen battery takes about 3 hours to charge fully. When you press the power button three times continuously, the indicator light blinking blue indicates that the vape pen switches to medium mode power output.
- Low - 2.4 volts are great for vape cartridges meant for low voltage settings.
- Medium - 3.2 volts is perfect for a more flavorful and sizable vape hit and is shown through a red color illuminating.
- High - Green lights mean you are at the high setting, which is 4.0 volts.
Cleaning and Maintenance of the Dab Vape Pen
The Dab Pen Vaporizer is easy to clean and maintain. Assembling and disassembling the parts of the vaporizer is also easy. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Turn on the vaporizer by clicking the power button five times repeatedly.
- Turn the vaporizer upside down and start holding the power button to the vaporizer or remove residue inside the coil. This makes the cleaning process easier.
- Let the Vaporizer cool down.
- Disassemble all threaded connections by twisting each part counter-clockwise.
- Use a dry towel to remove any residue on your vaporizer.
Pros and Cons
When it comes to vaporizing cannabis oil, dabbing is one of the more labor-intensive ways. However, it gives the complete consumer control over the process. Furthermore, when done right, dabbing gives the consumer a high-quality possible.
With dabbing, you can:
- Pick your concentrate, choosing for type/texture and quality
- Set the exact temperature
- Choose the amount of oil
Vape carts are portable; however, there are definite drawbacks.
- Many carts have thinning agents added to the cannabis oil to make it dense enough for the device to work.
- Cartridges are expensive compared to concentrate sold on their own
- Vape carts lack diversity in type: no rosins, resins, budders, or waxes, just oil
- Cartridges generally aren’t reusable, so you end up making a larger environmental impact than you may like, an issue the cannabis community as a whole needs to address
FAQs for the Dab Vape Pen
How do you use a dab pen?
Using a dab pen is pretty simple. The most difficult part about using one is getting the oil into the device. Some oils will be very sticky and will require some finesse to get it from the original package into the oven of the pen. You can use a dab tool to help, and you can also put the oil in the fridge for a few minutes to make it more manageable.
After you get the oil in the device, make sure the dab pen is firing at your preferred setting. There are many different options on the market for dab pens; thankfully, most are pretty intuitive and come with simple instructions. And, if you run out of oil, many of these devices have the ability to vape flowers.
A dab pen is a great investment if you are looking to improve your portable vape game. They can be a little expensive but are a solid investment for those who truly appreciate the quality of vaping cannabis oils.
Uninterrupted vaping without dry hits, popping, spitting or leakage. The Etchip Coil is equipped with an exclusive flax base to ensure stable, fluent liquid-delivery control, which significantly prevents dry hits, popping, spitting and leakage.
Simply pull back the silicone plug and fill with your favorite e-liquid. No mess – the filling hole is designed for universal compatibility with different droppers.
Dabbing can look scary to the unfamiliar, especially if using a torch; however vapes, it is essentially just deconstructed cartridge vaping. Instead of a compact cartridge that works by pressing a button, dabbing requires the consumer to manipulate the oil with a separate heating element and surface, usually a torch and nail.
The big shortcoming with dabbing is it’s not a very portable option. Electronic dab rigs are small; however, not exactly inconspicuous. But, if you are looking for a great tasting, terpene-filled experience, you really can’t do any better than a low-temp dab.
Portability is why vape cartridges are so popular. The entire vaping setup can fit inside your pocket, and the low odor associated with smoking oils makes this consumption method very discrete.