Over the years, the vaping industry has received remarkable advancement and transformation. Today, the industry has become highly competitive and a lot of vape manufacturers are providing a wide range of products.
Want to switch to a vape pod system? There’s so much to know before you enter the world of vaping or make a switch. We have listed a few points below as to why we think pod vapes can be a good choice.
What is a Pod Vape?
As the popularity of vaping continues to grow, a lot of manufacturers are offering different options. Vaping devices come in a wide range of features and most vapers begin their vaping journey with some simple systems. First, it was mods, and now it is time for vape pods. Vape pods are clean and compact vaping systems with many benefits.
Pod vapes are simple devices consisting of a battery, a pod that contains vaping material or liquid, and a USB stick-like appearance. They are generally rechargeable and come in open or closed styles. These systems are quite budget-friendly and most of them come pre-filled. Most brands have a line of vape pods under their brand name.
Pod systems are also known as pod mod kits, portable pod systems, pod mods, or pod vapes. These devices are specifically designed for people who want good nicotine strength but less vapor production. Also, these devices are considered a good alternative to a traditional cigarette and therefore popular among people who want to quit smoking.
Pod vapes are an incredibly popular option among both beginners and experienced vapers. They are much easier to use as they don’t have too many buttons or controls. Also, they can fit anywhere and introduced the idea that vaping is not just about blasting clouds. Sometimes it is just a small vaping device with some simple features that some people ever wanted.
What are the Different Types of Pod Systems?
There are two main kinds of pod systems - open pod systems and closed pod systems or refillable and pre-filled systems. Also, they come in varying shapes and sizes and some are styled as per customer’s requirements. Refillable is considered the most convenient one as you can simply refill your device using the flavors you prefer.
Open Vape Pod Systems: These are filled manually and allow the user more options to choose their liquid flavours, thicknesses, and strengths. The open vape pods tend to provide stronger vape production but at the same time provide smoother hits. It simply means that after your pod is empty, you refill it with the liquid of your choice. It allows you to enjoy whichever e-liquid you want.
Closed Vape Pod Systems: Closed vape pods are similar to a cartomizer and offer several flavors and strengths. These pod systems are also called disposable pods as they use pre-filled cartridges and you don’t have to deal with any of the mess. Most ranges will come in a wide range of flavors and strengths. It also means that you don’t have to worry about changing any parts.
15 Best Pod Vape in 2021
With the growing popularity of mini vape pods, many manufacturers are coming up with innovative models. Some brands grow up quickly while others are already knocked out. As a result, you have numerous options available when it comes to different pod vape models and brands.
Here we are providing a curated look at some popular options in 2021 so that you can pick the right product. Check this out…
- Vaporesso Target PM80: It is more like a mini vape pod and offers a mod-like experience. It features a rectangular shape, a large fire button, and a color TFT display screen. It comes with two mesh coils and offers variable wattage vaping at up to 80w. The pod vape has a 4 ml e-liquid capacity and is powered by a 2,000mAh battery that recharges in around 45 minutes.
- SMOK Novo 3: A simple pod system that offers quite an impressive performance as it works automatically. It has a pen-like design and comes with a 1.4-ohm mouth-to-lung system and a 1-ohm mesh coil. The refillable device is powered by an 800 mAh integrated rechargeable battery that is said to provide around 600 puffs on a full charge.
- Mi-Pod 2.0: A pod vape with a slim profile and a box mod-like rectangular shape, Mi-Pod 2.0 has many features and is performing well. It features 2 ml pods that push straight into the top which means no worries about changing the coils. The device is powered by a 1,250 mAh battery and has 4 LED lights on the front and 0.9-ohm mesh coils.
- SMOK RPM 2 80W: The pen-shape pod mod is more like a traditional vape mod and offers a huge maximum of 80 W of power. It is powered by a 2,000 mAh battery and features a full-color display screen with one button to fire and two adjustment buttons. It comes with two 5 ml pods (one RPM and one RGC) featuring 0.4-ohm mesh and 0.17-ohm conical mesh coils.
- VooPoo Drag S: The pen-shaped pod vape is more like a combination of a mod and a pod system. It comes in a kit with a pod and some coils for offering a good vaping experience. From the specifications part, it is powered by a 2,300 mAh battery and has a capacity of 4.5 ml. It comes with the Plug n Play coil system and is compatible with the whole PnP series of coils.
- UWELL Caliburn: A popular pod vape that is refillable and can be used as an auto-draw or a button-fire device. It has a 540 mAh battery that recharges in just 45 minutes and comes in two 2 ml filling options. The device works at a modest 11 W so that it can be used with nicotine salt e-liquids and also performs well with salt juices.
- SMOK Nord 4: This pod vape is known for its battery capacity and variable wattage functionality. It allows you to set the wattage at anywhere up to 80 W and the device is powered by a good 2,000 mAh battery. It also features a display screen with a one-button operation to see settings easily. Moreover, it comes with both an RPM and a Nord Pod with 4.5 ml capacities.
- Innokin Sceptre: A flexible pen-style pod vaping system featuring a 1,400 mAh battery and a magnetic connection for the pods. It has a bottom coil installation system and comes with two coils: a 0.5-ohm direct-to-lung and a 1.2-ohm mouth-to-lung coil. Other features include an adjustable airflow, ergonomic design, and activate and boost mode.
- Vaporesso Renova Zero: This is a user-friendly pod vaping system with some cool features packed in a flat, pebble-like device. It comes with a 650 mAh battery, a 2 ml pod, and a simple press-to-fill system. The device features a 1-ohm mesh pod and a 1.3-ohm ceramic coil pod. Moreover, it has three settings and the onboard chipset has many little features.
- VooPoo V Thru: This Pro pod kit is extremely popular among people due to its compact and lightweight design. It features a built-in 900 Mah battery that can be charged via Type-C and provides output between 5W and 25W. This draw-activated device has a 0.7 mesh coil and 1.20Gene Helix coil. It also comes with a 0.69” OLED display screen.
- GeekVape Wenax K1: This pod vape comes with a built-in 600 mAh battery that can be charged via the USB-C port. It can either be fired through auto draw or you can choose to fire it via the fire button. The device features a 0.8 and 1.2 coil pod that can be filled with 2 ml of vape juice. Moreover, it has an intelligent output mode that detects the installed coils.
- Vaporesso XROS Mini: It is a simple and compact pod system known for its tight mouth-to-lung draw. Though there’s no airflow adjustment, it has two different pod options: a 1.2 pod and a 0.8 mesh pod. The device is powered by a 1000 mAh battery that can be charged via USB Type-C charging. Moreover, it comes in 6 different colors.
- Suorin Air Pro: One of the most popular options when it comes to refillable Juul alternatives. This pod vape comes with a 930 mAh battery and has an improved airflow system. It offers both options: draw activated and button-activated vaping. There is also a side-mounted fire button for activation and can easily be used as a traditional vape pen.
- SMOK Nord 50: The latest device in the Nord lineup features adjustable wattage up to 50W and a massive 1800 mAh battery. The pod vape comes with Type-C charging and is available in 15 different color options. It has two pods and two coils so that you can fill two different e-juices in 4 and 4.5 ml capacities.
- Lost Vape Ursa Nano: A sleek and stylish pod vape that has no buttons or settings to adjust but a simple design. All you have to do is fill up a pod and draw on the mouthpiece. The device is powered by an 800 mAh built-in battery that comes with Type-C charging. Other features include a 2.5 ml capacity and a non-removable coil.
Over the past few years, more and more people are gravitating toward vaping. Considering this, a lot of companies are offering different types of vaping devices to cater to different requirements. The pod vapes are compact devices and make vaping as hassle-free as can be.
What is the Best Pod Vape of 2021?
Though there are many good pod vapes available on the market, Vaporesso XROS is the best overall device for 2021. It features a built-in 800mAh battery, well-developed mesh coils, adjustable airflow, and a compact design. Also, this is a transparent pod which means you can see how much e-juice is left. The cartridge capacity is 2ml and it is available in 1.2 and 0.8 mesh pod resistance.
Other notable pod vapes that you may consider include:
- UWELL Caliburn G
- VE Viggo
- VooPoo Drag X
- UWELL KOKO
- VooPoo Vinci
What is the Best Refillable Pod Vape?
A small refillable vape pen or we should say a pod vape offers many benefits as compared to a pre-filled pod system. These give you more freedom to enjoy different flavors and this category is dominated by the VooPoo Drag S Pro. The pod vape uses a refillable pod tank that has an e-liquid capacity of 5.5 ml. It features an enormous 3000mAh battery and a feature-rich pod kit.
Here are some other refillable pod vape options that you may consider…
- Vaporesso Renova Zero
- Suorin Air Pro
- VooPoo Drag Nano
- Mi-Pod 2.0
- SMOK Novo 3
What is the Best Pod Mod Vape?
A Pod Mod is more like an electronic cigarette that is used to vape through a mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is connected to the device by magnets. The best place in this category should be occupied by UWELL Caliburn A2 which combines simplicity with functionality. It comes with a 520mAh battery, USB Type-C port, and 2 ml liquid capacity.
Some other good options in this category include…
- Drag S Pro Pod Mod
- Vaporesso Target PM80
- FreeMax Onnix
- VooPoo Drag S Pro
- UWELL Caliburn A2
5 Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Vape Pods
Finding the best vape pods is harder than ever because of the numerous options available. When choosing vape pods, it is important to consider a few things. Here we’ve mentioned 5 quick tips to choose the best vape pods…
- Mouth-to-Lung (MTL) Vs Direct-to-Lung(DTL): A mouth-to-lung vape means you inhale the vapor into your mouth first and then into your lungs. On the other hand, a direct-to-lung vaping system means you inhale the vapor straight down into your lungs. So before choosing a pod, you need to decide which method would you prefer.
- Battery Life: An extremely imperative thing to consider while choosing a pod vape is its battery life. The battery capacity of vaping devices is measured in terms of mAh (milliamps per hour). Try to choose at least a battery capacity of more than 400 mAh as it will last for around half a day but if you prefer longer usage, go for at least 1000+ mAh.
- Open Pods Vs Closed Vape Pods: An open pod system allows you to refill the e-liquid when you run out of it. On the other hand, a closed pod system is much like a disposable vaping device that comes with a set amount of e-juice inside. If you want to save money in the long run, you can go for a refillable vape pod.
- Draw Activated Vs Button Activated Pod Vape: Some pod vape models come with a button to activate while others are activated when you puff on them. If you are shifting to a pod system to quit smoking, it will be good to invest in a button-activated pod vape. It won’t replicate the smoking experience and also the chances of accidentally firing the device are low.
- Price or Affordability: Last but not the least, you may also want to consider the price before buying a pod vape. With some information and research, you might find a great device at a very competitive price. You should also consider the price of the replacement depending on the device you choose.
Here are some more points that will help you pick the right vaping device…
- Know the product’s primary operating features such as measurable attributes, etc.
- Know the features or additional characteristics of the product.
- Check for reliability and durability to make sure that the device will not fail within a specific period.
- Check the serviceability to ensure that it can be put into service when needed.
- Do not forget to check the aesthetics as it represents your personal preference.
As there are many vape devices available on the market, you should know your requirements first. It will help you refine your search and look for the most suitable pod vape.
Benefits of Using Pod Vapes
There are many benefits of choosing vape pods over other vaping devices. Here we’ve listed some advantages that you may want to know before switching…
- Compact Size: Pod systems are compact and lightweight as compared to other vaping devices. They can easily be carried in your handbag or pocket without worrying about e-juice leakage.
- Easy to Use: The ‘pod’ kind of design makes these devices extremely easy to use. All you have to do is click in and out of the battery section to take a puff.
- Form & Functionality: Despite being small in size, pod vapes are completely functional and produce smokeless vapor.
- Affordable: A standard 0.7ml vape pod delivers around 200 puffs and that’s why it is considered an affordable alternative to a standard pack of cigarettes.
- Ritualistic Aspect: A huge benefit of pod vapes is that they create the experience of smoking a cigarette and therefore an ideal option for those who want to quit smoking.
Here are some more advantages that you can enjoy by using a pod vape…
- Low e-juice consumption
- Low maintenance
- Discreet and convenient
- Satisfying draw with nicotine salts
- Fill different pods with different flavors
- Good for smokers looking to quit
Most vape pods require simple installation and are compatible with nicotine salt vapes. This smallest vaping device is available in multiple flavor options and optimizes e-liquid consumption.
How to Use a Pod Vape?
Vape pods are compact and using them is not at all rocket science as they are extremely user-friendly. Here are a few easy steps to use a standard pod vape…
- When you buy a pod vape, charge the battery to full.
- If you’re using a refillable or open pod system, fill it up with the e-liquid of your choice.
- Give the wick some minutes like 5 to 10 minutes to saturate.
- Now insert the pod into the device.
- If there is a power switch, turn it on.
- If there is an activation button, hold it down during inhaling.
- Understand the phenomenon of mouth-to-lung inhales.
- Try to make a smooth and short drag straight into the mouth.
- Hold the vapor in your mouth for a while before inhaling it into the lungs.
If you want that your pod vape should last longer, make sure that you keep the cartridge from ever running low on e-liquid. Refill your cartridge when it is nearing empty or you may consider replacing it. Refillable cartridges often last for about a week but this will also depend on your usage.
Most beginners prefer mouth-to-lung inhaling and pod vapes have been designed for a better throat hit as compared to larger vape devices. No matter which type of pod vape you are using, they are simple to use. Following some steps will ensure that you get the best experience out of your vaping device.
The Final Thoughts
The vaping market is now dominated by pod vapes and it is getting bigger with every passing day. New models are coming every day, making it difficult for people to pick the best pod vape. Pod systems have become the most popular alternative to quitting smoking.
If it is your first time using a pod vape, you may want to start with the best possible device available on the market. To point you in the right direction, we have reviewed a few pod vapes and made a list as there are dozens and dozens of devices out there.
And that’s all for now folks! We hope you found this guide helpful…